Thursday, May 17, 2007

Age Concer and Help the Aged

I've tried to find contact addresses for both of these charities but I can't seem to find them. I wanted to speak to someone who could tell me what they thought about my idea.....would it actually help old people, people with dementia, general memory problems? I also wanted to know if there was a list of most common things to forget.
Although I havn't had much luck I've asked a few people and there are a few things that come over and over again. I'm not too sure whether I should design this set of stamps spesific to everyday memory loss and who they should be targeted at......old people, young people, men, women. It does make a difference because men and women don't necessaily carry out the same tasks.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I work for Help the Aged (we are starting to keep an eye out for mentions of us in blogs etc!) and if you are still interested in contacting us, please call 020 7278 1114.

We have material on our website (http://www.helptheaged.org.uk) about Alzheimers and dementia and we are actually running an important research project into it at the moment (http://www.helptheaged.org.uk/en-gb/HowYouCanHelp/Donate/DisconnectedMind/). Good luck with your stamps!

Kate